Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thanksgiving 2023

Monday was the six week mark for my hip replacement.  I was supposed to have an appointment that day, but it had been canceled and rescheduled for 10:00 Tuesday  morning. 

When I headed out the door Tuesday morning I  saw the European mount on a bench beside the sidewalk. Our neighbor had dropped it off for Evan. I stopped to take a picture of it.
I was going to send the picture to our family chat so Evan could see it. That's when I noticed a missed call from Gunderson.  I listened to the message which said my appointment was canceled. "Please call this number to reschedule." I'm glad I caught that! 

 After calling Ellis to let him know I called Gunderson to reschedule. Looking at their schedule the gal said I could see Shelby next week on the 30th. The message had said it looked like there were several openings for Wednesday. (Maybe a half hour had gone by) When I mentioned that she looked again and said Shelby had no openings. "But I could get you in with Aaron/Erin." I didn't ask if this provider is male or female.  I just said, "I'll take it." (Who knows if Shelby would be available next week when the day came. I didn't want to risk it.)

So I had another day to putter around my kitchen and attempt to bring order out of chaos.
My reclaimed stove - minus a stack of dirty pots and pans.
A beginning of cleaned off counters and empty sink. The dish drainer is still drying dishes. 
I found the top of my work station. An old table that Ellis redid for me. It is a flat surface so guess what? It was piled high with stuff. 
Now I can roll out some pies or make a pumpkin roll and have a place to cool baked items. 

Of course this stuff has to go somewhere. 
I will say right now I have a war going with mice. They're using the kitchen drawers as a maze/exercise tower. If the dish cloths are in the drawer the mice either chew on them (depending on the fabric) or leave evidence that tells me they were there.

All the traps are empty. Do you have a method of reducing mice in your house? 
A cat is not an option, unfortunately. 

At 9:50 I noticed a message on my phone saying Are you here? You have an x-ray scheduled for 9:50.

I called again and repeated my line. My appointment was canceled but now I see the x-ray wasn't canceled, etc. The gal I talked to was very nice and said she'd cancel it and reschedule it for tomorrow. 

Wednesday morning we drove to LaCrosse WI. We listened to Odyssey on the way. The exciting episodes when Eugene and Katrina disappear and Whit and Jack's car is  rammed into at the post office. They give their pkg. to a woman with a gun. And we find out Mitch is dead!? How is this possible?

I cannot believe how efficient they are at Gunderson! Ellis dropped  me off a smidgen past nine. I walked to the elevators (no wheel chair) and Ellis met me there after parking  the car. We checked in on the second floor. Went back for an x-ray. Then we saw Aaron who showed us the x-ray taken today compared to the one taken during surgery.  He said everything looks good. He said it's okay to start driving bus. He answered all our questions.  

I was startled to see that the clock in the car said 10:00 when we pulled away. I don't have to go back until next year! We are so thankful!

We got supplies to put together sweet potatoes for our Thanksgiving lunch at Maranatha Bible School.

Ready for the oven.
                    Happy Thanksgiving!




1 comment:

Krysta Nolt said...

We are thankful too! Knowing you don't have to live in such pain anymore is wonderful!