Monday, November 6, 2023

Brooke's Wedding




My favorite color is blue. Isn't this beautiful?
At each place a charcuterie in a jar (plastic cup). Originally Trenda thought about rounding up cute jelly jars for this. I'm glad she simplified that. I didn't get there in time on Friday to help. Maria got in on washing the fruit. Fruit, cheese, slices of meat folded in fourths, cucumber slices, small tomatoes - all arranged in the cup - why didn't I take a picture of one? 

My mom with five of her great grandchildren.
Where was Ezra? These beautiful people are Trenda and Jerry's grandchildren.

                   Here comes the bride!
There's the invitation which was hanging on my bulletin board at home. Ladina sent a picture so we had an address for the church.
Inside the church. I've never been to an orthodox wedding. At first Allen was going to keep the babies in the basement until the ceremony was over and join us for the reception. Then Allen and Krysta changed their minds and brought them to the service. They sat right behind us so we got to help show them books and keep them distracted. Jasper was almost sleeping. The twins had wonderful naps ahead of time. They all had lunch in their tummies. All in all they were quite charmed with looking at the chandeliers, pictures, stained glass windows and hearing the words chanted along with soft, harmonizing songs. 
The pictures are backwards I realize now - starting with the reception and then the ceremony. In real time it was the other way around, of course.  Credits go to my sisters.
Thank you!

Welcome to the family, Will.

No comments: