Sunday, November 5, 2023

November

No sooner was I done taking pictures of trays and posting them that I realized a few were missed. I'll continue that another day.

We just spent a weekend "up north" for our niece's wedding and now are on the way to southern MN after all the festivities. 

Krysta and little ones, Mom and I traveled up on Friday. The babies were napping so we drove until we were past the cities then stopped at McDonald's for a late lunch. We found one with play equipment. 

After the babies licked ketchup off their chicken tenders and munched on some fries and drank chocolate milk they got to run off energy in the play room.

They were amazing travelers. We loaded everyone back in the van and started off again. The trip takes five hours - if you don't stop. We made it in a little over six hours.

Without any meltdowns !! The only stress observed up to that point was a pacifier that had been chewed off. The nipple part was gone when we pulled into Jeremy and Janine's yard for supper. This little girl has sharp teeth! 

After supper we drove to a cabin beside a lake. As soon as drove down the tree lined lane we lost service for our phones. It's a good thing I finished my Norwegian lesson on Duolingo before we got there.
Ladina sent a basket of toys along. The babies were "happily" entertained while Krysta unloaded the van. By this time they were missing Daddy and Papa. They were in a new place (again) and now it's time for Dad to show up! Dad and Papa were still driving north and nowhere to be found.

My leg was yelling at me so I wasn't much help with unloading luggage. Jasper and I looked at books and hooked up a toy wagon to a toy tractor multiple times.The twins were fast asleep in a very short time. I told you these babies are pretty amazing, right?

The highlight of the day was hearing gravel crunch in the lane when the guys drove in close to midnight. They both worked all day and then drove five hours to get there.

This will be continued --
         A picture on the wall in Ellis's office

On another note, Ellis and I got home safe and sound before it got too late this evening. 

Tonight I'm remembering my friend, Lorraine. She died unexpectedly in April 2020. Today is her birthday. Sometimes I picture Lorraine and her daughter, Judy, taking care of our granddaughter, Pearl. 

Happy Birthday, Lorraine!





No comments: