Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pizza

Today we had sewing circle.  We each brought pizza for lunch . . . either a veggie pizza or a dessert pizza.  Scrumptious!  A"banana split" pizza was a big hit.  Yummy crust with pudding or yogurt ? on top then sliced bananas on top of that and maraschino cherries and drizzles of chocolate over everything.  Maybe some nuts and just a hint of granola . . .   I must get that recipe!


 on second thought maybe not

 lovely fruit pizzas

and four or five veggie pizzas


Here is the recipe for the vegetable pizza I brought.  I found out (at the last minute) I didn't have all the ingredients so I improvised.


2 pkg. crescent rolls
Press into large jelly roll pan and bake according to directions until light brown.
cool


Mix:
one 8 oz. container of whipped cream cheese   
(original recipe calls for 11 oz. regular cream cheese, softened)
1/3 cup salad dressing (Miracle Whip)                        
1 heaping tablespoon sour cream
1 tsp. dill weed
1 tsp. powdered ranch dressing
Here's where I put on my thinking cap.  I didn't have a pkg. of ranch dressing.  I dumped in garlic powder, onion powder, lemon and pepper, extra pepper and extra dill weed.  I figured it couldn't hurt.

Spread this mixture on crust.  Top with chopped vegetables and grated cheese.

My variation for the veggies . . . 
sauté in a small amount of butter -- chopped green peppers, chopped onions and sliced mushrooms (fresh)

Cool and put on the pizza.  Add grated cheese.  Cut in pieces and serve.


I am listening to Swiss Girl  yodel in the back ground so if this is disjointed and scatterbrained you will know why.  That and this unbelievable fact . . .

Krysta  is taking driver's training.  How can that be possible?  Two weeks of three hour classes every night.  Yes, it's wild and crazy here.  She is taking the class with two friends.  I think the girls are enjoying the class.  The chairs are hard though!  The instructor told the class they can bring pillows if they want to.  Last night was my turn to drive.  I walked around the lake at the library and talked to Deanne on the phone. 


Tonight it's pouring rain.


Tomorrow they are calling for snow!!! 


It is possible.  In 1988 we had a blizzard the first or second of May.  Ellis stayed at work and I was home alone with two little boys.  And then we had a very very hot, dry summer.  We had that hot, dry summer last year so maybe this summer will be lush and green. 

Until next time --

2 comments:

Arla said...

Tell me, Dawn, why did you come back to blogland? I am enjoying your posts.

little-shack-in-the-boondocks said...

Long ago we used to write letters to family and friends . . . it seemed like an *event* wasn't finished until it was shared. I suppose that is part of the reason. This is a way to share memories, relive an experience, keep a record of stuff that goes on . . .