Saturday, February 26, 2022

Late

Jumping into the middle of a scene in Corrie ten Boom's childhood... 

Betsie was helping Nollie and Corrie get ready for school. They arrived at the breakfast table - late. 

Betsie pointed to the Frisian clock on the stairwall, and with a finger on her lips silently opened the dining room door. It was 8:12: breakfast had already begun. 

"Two minutes late!" cried Willem triumphantly. 

 "The Waller children were never late," said Tante Bep. 
 
"But they're here! said Father. "And the room is brighter!" 
- end of quote from The Hiding Place Corrie ten Boom with John and Elizabeth Sherrill 

When someone is late for church or some other event this is what I imagine God, our Heavenly Father, says. 

"They're here! And the room is brighter!" 

This is what I say, quietly to myself, when someone is late. 

I am grateful for grace and mercy extended to me when I am late. 

I may never know what complications came up that cause a late arrival. 

Is it any of my business? Probably not. 

Best wishes for a peaceful Sunday morning getting ready for praise and worship to the King of Kings!

No comments: