Monday, January 23, 2017

Amazing Daughters-in-Law

 
Have I ever told you about my amazing daughters-in-law?
Chelsea with the auburn tresses, married our son, Evan.
                                      Elizabeth with golden curls, married our son, Jeremy.

Every year Evan and Chelsea pack up this tent and set up camp at a local Rendezvous.
For a week or so they live back in the 1800's. They dress in period correct clothes,
cook over a campfire, heat this tent with a teensie tiny stove using small chunks of wood.
It takes place in October so some times it can be frosty, or even snowy. Chelsea is strong
and very protective of her Evan. When he fell out of a tree stand four years ago she would
not leave his side in the hospital and during a month of therapy.
    Since that time we have seen both Evan and Chelsea grow closer to each other and to God.


 
Jeremy and Liz were married two months after Evan and Chelsea. They have been supportive in so many ways during the time of Evan's accident and the years since. Liz lost her mother a year ago and has been sorting through the grief that comes with saying "Good-bye" before one is ready. What am I saying? Are we ever ready to say good bye to our loved ones?
I don't think so.
 
These beautiful young women add so much to our family. What a privilege it was to get to spend time with them during this camping/hunting week. The plan was to include pictures right about now but that requires help from Krysta. And Krysta is at a youth event this evening.
 
Ok. so instead I will share an event that tickled me. (I wish I would have written the exact words down at the time this happened. Now I am going from memory and you may think I have exaggerated.) Chelsea and Liz were comparing notes about their husbands. Chelsea was praising Evan and all the nice things he does. Liz was saying Jeremy does those exact same things too. Chelsea looked across the room at Liz and said, "I think we are very fortunate. We have the best guys in the world!" 

And let me say I think we have the best daughters-in-law in the world!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love you Madre! Thanks for all you said in here! I have the best Madre in the whole world!