Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Supper

Yes, I fell asleep when I was wading through all of the entries written in that log.
Besides celebrating the Holidays, Hunters, Hikers and a couple on their Honeymoon stopped here.

People brought pets and children. Everyone had a grand time!
Unless the disgruntled folks didn't write their thoughts down for others to read.
I suppose that could be possible.

When I woke up from my nap I made chicken and dumplings for supper using a recipe from my
Mennonite Community Cookbook.

After dark the hunters came back to camp. It was getting cold and windy. The guys moved one bed out of the wall tent and moved a table in. Some of us sat next to the wood stove and others crowded around the table.

The forecast was for snow. . .  and wind.

We were thankful for a wall tent and heat inside it. (a wood stove cuter than a bug's ear and it really works! also a propane heater) There were wooden beds up off the ground with foam mattresses, pillows, sleeping bags and blankets for warmth.

Up in the *castle* the princesses had a propane heater that kept the room toasty warm even though the wind howled around the corners.

As I write I am thankful for Chili Soup and an onion and cheese sandwich for my supper tonight.
This reminds me of my dad who always made himself an onion sandwich when he had a cold.

Let me tell you!
A whopper of a cold caught up to me with all of the travelling
we've done in the last two weeks.

Vitamin C and onion sandwiches to the rescue!
November 16, 2016

1 comment:

ourlittleheaven said...

enjoyed reading about your trip..... SO FUN!!!