Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Quotes




Sharing some quotes that made me laugh the other week . . .

Mom was getting ready to travel after a weekend of family festivities . . .

Thanksgiving feasting, Lefse making, cooking for a small army of wood haulers.

Mom was washing sheets and towels.  Maria and I were fixing beds.
Mom rounded up her
suitcase,
passport,
and money.
Suddenly she said, “I hate getting ready for trips.”

She made me laugh and I thought of this quote:

“Is there anything as horrible as starting on a trip? 
Once you are off, that’s all right, but the last moments
are earthquake and convulsion,
and the feeling that you are a snail being pulled off your rock.”
Anne Morrow Lindbergh 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _

Mab Graff has a little commentary on the differences in girls as she observes them at her
daughter’s seventh birthday party.  Mab doesn’t quite have the games prepared because
she was reading instead of er  . . . preparing. 

So she asks the girls what they would like to play.

(Quoting Mab in her book, God Loves My Kitchen Best )

Theresa, dark eyes huge behind petite glasses, spoke with wonder and derision:

“Don’t you have the games planned?”

Angelica, a child you wanted to hug on sight, leaned on me and whispered,

“I would like to play ‘pin the dart on the horse’s bottom.’ ”

(End of quote)

Mab Graff Hoover writes:

God Loves My Kitchen Best

God Still Loves My Kitchen

God Even Likes My Pantry

In My Upstairs Room

I have found two of her books at the Salvation Army. Keeping my eyes open for more.

 

No comments: