Friday, February 28, 2014

Our Field Trip

 --by Krysta Harshbarger

It was a clear winter night.  The stars sparkled in the sky. 
Our car was bumping down a dirt road.  Mom and I were going
to a hog barn to help Dad unload equipment.  This was a barn that
Mom knew well because the boys used to do chores there.  Little did
we know that something unexpected and hilarious would happen soon.

As we bumped down the road, Mom watched for the ninety degree corner
coming up.  I had no clue that there was such a corner until we missed it. 
We both gasped as our car flew off the road into a field. 
The corner was there, but we missed it.
     
Mom and I laughed breathlessly as we crunched over the snowy field. 
We drove a little way and then turned around and went back. 
Thankfully, it was a field lane and not a ditch we drove into.
      
I am grateful for the funny moments that God gives us. 
They help keep life not so serious.  God knows the perfect
time and way to show His love to us. 
It was a good day.
-------------------------
 
 
 
This is the second time I've missed that corner. 
(The first time was due to no brakes.
I told that story September 17, 2009) 
I'm the one who kept telling Krysta to slow down at corners this past summer . . .
and gasped when it seemed to me we were going too fast for the turn.
 
-- what can I say? 
 
All's well that end's well.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: