Friday, June 14, 2013

Trash and Trash Baskets

A light was shining when I woke up and I was grumpy at first.  "Why did you leave the light on all night?"  I asked Ellis.  Then I opened my eyes and saw blue sky and puffy clouds out the window and realized the light was coming from the sun.  It has been so gray and gloomy -- raining every time we turn around.  Minnesota and Iowa have recovered from drought conditions!


We have been sorting through stuff.  Deanne is tearing out the core - cleaning and pitching - nothing is safe it seems.  In the middle of this I found a prayer book. 


In it was a child's prayer --


"Forgive us our trash baskets
      -  as we forgive those who throw their trash in our baskets."


The more I thought about this the more I smiled.  When I am tempted to be disgruntled by what some one else says or does I think about this prayer again.  I needed this reminder. 

Thank you

      Dear God 

           my heavenly Father!


1 comment:

JF said...

hehe go Dea! I'm doing the same thing :) I told mom there is a distinct difference between antique and old junk. :) however no one is allowed to touch my mammoth collection of books that is slowly taking over the house. :)