Thursday, December 21, 2023

Shortest Day of the Year

I was going to take some pictures then the whole evening slipped by without any taken.

Until I  got home and this showed up on my phone.
Gracia was sleepy all evening until I laid her down. Then she got hiccups. She opened her eyes for me a little bit. I still remember when Krysta was a baby. People asked me if she was okay. "She never cries." I don't know how many times I heard that comment. 

Later on she could make her voice heard.

We have a tradition for the shortest day of the year. 

Rommegrot 
A Norwegian Pudding 
Deanne ended up making the *milk mush* because I was peeling sweet potatoes for 
sweet potato fries. I cut them into fries, put a little oil on them and baked them in a 400° oven. For seasonings I used salt, pepper and garlic powder. They were good! 

Mom made her famous barbecue sauce.
Ketchup 
Mustard
Brown sugar
Vinegar
She poured this mixture  over a pan of little smokies and popped it in the oven.

(We put lots of butter and brown sugar on the milk mush. And we eat it warm.)

It was a cozy evening. 
This has been a wonderful winter so far.
I wonder what will hit us in January .....
At least the days will be getting longer now!

No comments: