Saturday, August 19, 2023

this crochet hook

This is the summer for crocheting book markers. I lost this hook two times and felt sad both times. It is an old friend. I could easily replace it but then it turns up again. This morning it was stuck safely in the top of the crochet thread. When we stopped at Casey's to get a bit of breakfast- poof - it was gone! I looked under the car seat. Beside the seat - everywhere I could think of and it was gone. I walked into the store feeling a kind of blue sensation because I wanted to crochet while we traveled.  

When I came back to the car with a couple pieces of pizza in one hand and a bag with cold drinks in the other there was the crochet hook on the ground right by the car door. Yeah! 

I crocheted while Evan drove and Mom rested in the back seat. And missed all the scenery as we whizzed by it on our way to a family reunion. 

Up north 

Doesn't that phrase send a delightful shiver down your spine? It's always a good day when you head north to blue lakes, green forests and who knows what kind of wildlife. 

Although there is plenty of wildlife just in my own backyard. Twin fawns with spots peeking at me as I drive in the lane. Wild turkeys prancing along in a row across the meadow. A skunk sneaking cat food out of the dish by the back door. A raccoon brazenly eating cat food in the same spot. We should have a dog at our house to chase away these creatures. 

Well, here we are beside the lake enjoying the scenery.


                  Flowers on the deck
                             Boating
                               Fishing 

         I need more pictures of the lake 
   Ellis and Deanne drove up later in the day
In other news these sweet babies are back in                 Allen and Krysta's home.
     They are running around on sturdy legs
      Enjoying a milk bath instead of napping

          Photo credits go to Rhoda Martin


I ran out of purple thread so I switched to cream. Then I can choose any color for the ribbon. 
Earlier this summer Ellis and I traveled to WI. I couldn't find my crochet hook that time either. I messaged my daughter in law (in a bit of a panic) asking if she had seen it. When we got back to Blooming Prairie I found it in Krysta's drive way. It fell out of the car when we were transferring luggage. This crochet hook has nine lives! 

It's a beautiful day in Minnesota!
Happy Happy Summer!







No comments: