Friday, December 4, 2015

A Prayer for Laundry Day

Thank you, Dear God . . .

for water, soap, electricity, automatic washer and dryer

Sunshine and wind to dry clothes on the clothes line

Clothes pins and sturdy clothes lines

Thank you for clothes to wash - enough for each person
We can have clean ones every day

Warm P.J.'s
We don't have to sleep in our work clothes

Sheets, blankets, pillows
Mattress and mattress covers

When I look at the tabs to check how to care for my clothes I see:

Made in Vietnam     Made in Brazil    Made in China
Made in Pakistan     Made in India      Made in Bangladesh
Made in El Salvador

I don't have to raise sheep, shear them, wash the wool, dye the wool
card it and spin it into yarn before I can knit my socks and sweaters

I've always wanted a loom to make rag rugs
But what if I had to weave all the fabric we need?
Then sew all the clothes we need?

My family would be in trouble.

Thank you, Dear God, for Laundry Day!

No comments: