Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Water

When we were in MT Ellis and I were making supper the first day. 
Everyone else went to Billings for work, volunteering for a few hours,
Dr. appointments, lunch, etc. 

We went up the mountain and cut wood for awhile.
That's when I tripped and a heavy chunk of wood hit me in the head.
It created a frightful bruise.

So we came back to Jeremy and Liz's house and started supper.
Ellis wanted to put chicken in a dutch oven,
put the dutch oven inside the wood stove
and let the chicken cook over a bed of hot coals. 

Ellis loves heating up food
in Dutch ovens.

He is collecting these heavy, cast iron ovens. 
He even found one with legs.
(Maybe Krysta will take pictures of them and post them here.)

Okay - what is the subject ? 
Oh yes, WATER . . .

Ellis was rinsing a pan at the sink and he actually said,
"I hate to just let this water run down the drain,
(since they have to haul their water.)
I'll put the stopper in and fill the sink with dishwater."

This is the guy who brushes his teeth while hot water splashes
down the drain. Every time I yelp, "That's hot water! 
You're wasting hot water!"

I can faintly remember when my parents lived in a house with no
running water. They carried every drop in and every drop out.  To me
it seems an incredible waste to let water run while you brush your teeth.
No one else is even bothered I have found out.  =)

There is a well where Jeremy and Liz live but the water is flammable . . . 
too much natural gas in it --
 so  they have a huge plastic container on the back of the pick up
and one of the chores they have is hauling water.

-- more later
I am off to the salt mines . . . 
Have a very good day!

P.S. The chicken was scrumptious!

No comments: