Sunday, January 24, 2016

Snow Mobile Trail

 This morning our little Ford Focus tried to be a snow mobile. Krysta and I were driving to my mom's house. Without thinking I took a wrong turn in town.

I said,"Oh, what was I thinking?"

I turned to the left then got ready to turn left again a couple blocks later. Krysta said, "Go straight ahead! See that road!"

It looked like a road. I kept driving straight ahead. All went well for a block or so. It soon became obvious . . . I was on the snow mobile trail!

"This is the snow mobile trail! I yelped. "Not the road!"

I stopped and backed up. Somewhere along the way I got off the tracks.

We called Ellis. He didn't answer. We called the store where he was going to eventually
meet a customer. We got the answering machine and yelled a message just to be sure he
could hear from the back office.

What did we do before cell phones?

We would have had a long walk.

Ellis called back. We told him the dilemma. He laughed. He brought the four wheel drive pick-up
and a tow rope. I like a tow rope and a four wheel drive pick-up in the snow.

Krysta and I were grateful beyond words.

We went on our way rejoicing!

I hope the guys on snow mobiles won't be too mad.

No comments: