Thursday, March 7, 2013

February 18, 2013

1. roads
2. red roses
3. rag rugs
4. ruby
5. ruby throated hummingbird
6. rose-breasted grosbeak
7. Rocky Mountains
8. rock gardens
9. rummage sales
10. Rabbit
11. Roo
12. rainbows

Here is a story about rose-breasted grosbeaks. Every time one comes to
munch on sunflower seeds at our feeder I think of Grandpa Skrivseth
. . .  and God, our heavenly Father.

Years ago someone in our family interviewed Grandpa, asking about his
childhood and growing up years and young adult life. They recorded his
answers on a cassette tape. Grandpa died in October 1994.

More recently one Sunday afternoon we sat around the table in our
kitchen/dining room and listened to that recording. As Grandpa's rumbly
voice filled the room suddenly he paused and then said, "Well! look at
that. There's a rose-breasted grosbeak at our feeder."

Without thinking I turned to look out our window to our bird feeder and
there sat another rose-breasted grosbeak!

Coincidence? I don't think so. God is "the God of all comfort; who
comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them
which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are
comforted of God."
- II Corinthians 1:3-4

I was comforted that day and felt God's presence with me. I think He
delights in giving us reminders that He is with us.


February 17, 2013

1. quilts
2. quizzes
3. quarts
4. quarters
5. questions
6. quartz
7. Queen Anne's lace
8. quiche
9. quotes
10. quirks


February 16, 2013

1. pencils
2. purple mountains
3. pennies
4. pancakes
5. pastures
6. penguins
7. Piglet
8. Pooh
9. Paddington
10. pigtails
11. pineapple
12. pinks (flowers)
13. pink (color)
14. puppies
15. paints
16. puzzles

For those of you wondering where your names are -- I must refer you back
to Friends and Family since it seems like my friends and family are like
Hebrews 11:12 . . . "so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and
as the sand which is by the seashore innumerable." I am thankful for
each one.


February 15, 2013

1. oven
2. oatmeal - baked oatmeal, granola, in cookies, granola bars, in piecrust,
  - in fact - anyway you can fix it
3. oranges
4. onyx
5. opal
6. ocean
7. octopus
8. orangutan
9. organ - like the old pump organ we used to have
10. oxygen
11. Owl

I may have forgotten Christopher Robin and Kanga

2 comments:

Connie Stoll said...

I love that story about your Grandpa. I have good memories of time spent with your grandparents here in WI. (Cardinals remind me of my mother.)

little-shack-in-the-boondocks said...

I love cardinals too. We've been seeing a lot of them this winter.