Monday, November 30, 2009

the weird things we say sometimes

foot in mouth . . . . again
Last week there was a day when I was late for everything.
I was late for my cleaning job. That in turn made me late for driving bus.
(The first time this has ever happened I might add.)

We pull into diagonal slots at the high school so it wasn't an inconvenience for anyone else. We used to park bumper to bumper at the high school. That would have been more tricky. I was there before the first students came out the door. We have some extra time built in to the schedule for just such a day as this.

After driving bus I wanted to run to the bank. Squeaked in the door at 4:54 P.M. They close at 5:oo P.M.

Carol's window was open. As I filled out the deposit ticket I moaned, "Tt seems like I've been running late all day."

She laughed and said, "Oh you have a few minutes before we close."

I glanced at the clock and said, "But I'm holding you up."

Then I thought how that might sound. in a bank . . . at the counter . . .

I said, "I didn't mean that!"

Carol laughed. The gal at the next window laughed and said, "Now if you had said, 'Stick 'em up!' we might be worried."

Carol turned around and waved at the security camara and said, "Just delete that last bit. She didn't mean it."

Nice to have such a friendly bank at times like this.

Carol started teasing me again. "I can just picture the headlines in the paper."

*SHE SEEMED LIKE SUCH A NICE QUIET LADY*

That started us on the subject of the media -- as in the bus accident a couple days before.
The media is digging up dirt about the bus driver from the 90's . . . . never mind that apparently he went through all the hoops to correct the wrong he did back then. Now he was employed again and suffering from a medical condition that caused this accident . . .

and this computer has a mind of its own I guess
I don't know what button I accidently pushed to cause the first part to publish while I was in the middle of writing ={

maybe I corrected it "all by myself this time" said the little red hen. let's see what happens
I am clicking on *publish post*

4 comments:

Arla said...

Dawn, I'm blaming all my little blunders on something called perimenopause!! :) Do a post on that one of these days, please?

Anonymous said...

aw. can't we just read about "the funny adventures of Dawn" and assume she's just...funny? How about let's not blame anything on anything and pretend *that* isn't happening and we'll all blissfully grow old laughing with each other. eh?

Arla said...

Just what I was trying to say in a much better way. Thanks.

krysta said...

I Love you Mom!
Krysta